Diagnosis & Treatments
Being able to get the right diagnosis the first time is valuable. For sudden-onset injuries that you never saw coming or a condition you have struggled with for years, the qualified experts at Ark La Tex Foot Specialists offers you and your family the most advanced diagnostic tools to help us determine what’s causing your symptoms and treat them most effectively.
As a patient with us, you can expect to benefit from:
- Digital X-ray technology: Quicker and more efficient than traditional film x-rays, our doctors can enhance images for a proper diagnosis with less radiation exposure compared to older methods.
- Ultrasound: Used to analyze internal structures of the foot and ankle, ultrasound is a painless and simple technique that can be used to analyze tendons, ligaments, and muscles and to look for any conditions that require additional treatment.
- Physical Therapy: With most injuries of the foot and ankle, your range of motion and ability to use your feet or ankles will probably change. Thanks to our caring physical therapy staff, we can begin treatments to help maintain and improve function, both before and after medical procedures.
- Laser Treatments: Creating an intensely focused beam of light, lasers can target and remove common foot problems like toenail fungus, warts, ingrown toenails, spider veins, and some deeply rooted calluses, among other issues. With fewer side effects than other treatment methods, lasers have become a tool of choice for your advanced foot care.
- Outpatient Ambulatory Services: Not every medical procedure has to be completed in the hospital. In the event that you do need surgery, we are proud to offer you the opportunity to have your foot and ankle treatments completed at the locally-owned Outpatient Surgery Center. Now you can experience the most advanced surgical treatments available in a comfortable home-like setting.
- Diabetic Foot Care: Diabetes is known to cause foot problems for some patients. Leading to nerve injuries and poor circulation in the feet, treatment of these problems requires the skilled technique of a specialist like those of our doctors at Ark La Tex Foot Specialists.
To find out more about how our advanced diagnosis and treatments can keep you active and enjoying life, call our Shreveport, Louisiana office at (318) 687-8447 or request an appointment online.